While many of our guests are bed and breakfast regulars, we also have a lot of guests who tell us it’s their first time in a bed and breakfast and they don’t know what to expect. We are honored that they would choose Tiffany’s as their first b&b, and we always hope it will be their first of many bed and breakfast experiences.
If you’ve never stayed in a bed and breakfast before, here are some tips and tricks for your stay:
- Book direct We’ve all seen the ads, “Book your reservation on our really big mega site and get the best prices online”! That may have been the case 20 years ago, but the hospitality industry has changed. Those really big sites have a lot more advertising money to spend than our 3-room bed and breakfast, so you’re always going to see them first in online searches. And yes, you’ll find Tiffany’s Bed and Breakfast listed on their site, but the rate you’ll pay there is typically 18-20% higher than on our site. Why? Because that’s the commission they charge us on each reservation they “give” to us. Need to make a change to your reservation? Sorry, you can’t call us and get it done. You’ll have to call them – and despite what their ads say, they’re not always that flexible. It’s also important to know that when you’re searching online, that big blue button that says “Check Availability” does NOT link to our website – it takes you to one of those mega sites! Click carefully, and always make sure you’re on our website when you’re ready to book!
- Each room is unique. Carefully read the descriptions of each room and choose one that meets your needs. While all our rooms have oh-so comfy beds with luxurious linens and private bathrooms, each floor plan and bed size is unique. For example, The Hamilton has a small deck off the bathroom, so if you enjoy drinking a morning cup of coffee as the sun rises, this is the room for you!
- Staying in a bed and breakfast is a great value. When comparing room rates, remember that a full breakfast is complimentary, and you won’t be surprised by “resort fees” or “WiFi charges” at check out. When eating out for dinner, many of our guests skip dessert at the restaurant and come back to enjoy the homemade goodies we leave at check in. (Although some Hot Springs restaurants have incredible desserts, so we don’t always recommend this!)
- Communication is key. Because each b&b is different, we do our best to provide our guests with all the information they’ll need on our website and in confirmation emails. We even send you our digital guidebook before your arrival to help you know what to expect and to begin planning your visit. If you can’t find the information you need, or have questions, you can always call us during regular business hours or send an email and we’ll be happy to assist you. A few items are crucial to make your hosts aware of at the time of your reservation:
- Dietary needs/restrictions: (We often plan our menus up to a week in advance, so it’s important for us to know if we need to accommodate allergies or special diets).
- Special requests: Celebrating a special occasion? Packages and add-ons may be reserved when you book. Most of these require additional planning and set up, and require a minimum of 48 hour advance notice.
- Arrival time: Most bed and breakfasts don’t have 24-hour desk staff. Your innkeepers/owners will greet you at check in, provide concierge service, clean your room, and we are also chief cook and bottle washer! We plan our grocery runs, bookkeeping, blog writing, and – believe it or not – social lives around guest arrival times. We completely understand that travel schedules are constantly changing, but a quick call to let us know you’ll be earlier or later than planned helps us out tremendously!
- Share your experience One thing most of us do when planning our travel is to look at online reviews. Bed and breakfasts are small independent businesses who rely on our guests to spread the word when they’ve enjoyed their stay. Writing a quick review, tagging us in your pictures on social media, and telling your friends all about us are the best ways to help us grow our business and show your appreciation for the experience we’ve provided you. And don’t forget to Book Direct!!
Ready to book your first (or next) bed and breakfast getaway? 2/2/22 is Book Direct Day. Make your reservation on that day only and enjoy $22.22 off your room rate! Then get ready to let the peacefulness surround you at Tiffany’s!